What is a dazzle of zebras?
Find out in this episode of Candid Animal Cam:
Did you know?
- There are three zebra species in Africa.
- The plains zebra (Equus quagga) is also known as the common zebra. It is featured in this Candid Animal Cam video.
- The other two species are the Grevy’s zebra (Equus grevyi) and the mountain zebra (Equus zebra).
- Zebra stripe patterns are unique to each animal, just like each human has a unique set of fingerprints.
- Research suggests that the zebra’s coat pattern discourages biting flies from landing.
- The plains zebra is a highly social species.
Watch the video and then try to answer these questions:
- Why is a group of zebras sometimes called a “dazzle?”
- Which is the most abundant (commonly found) zebra species?
- What do zebras eat?
- What is a harem? Hint: it is a type of zebra social group.
- What is a zebra bachelor group?
- Can you name 2-3 animals that prey on zebras?
For more information, check out the full story on mongabay.com:
Lee más aquí: