This time on Candid Animal Cam, Romi takes us on a journey into the Peruvian Amazon rainforest to meet the ocelot, a wild cat found across the Americas.
- The scientific name for ocelot is Leopardus pardalis
- Ocelots are found in North, Central, and South America.
- The ocelot is Latin America’s third largest wild cat.
- Ocelots live in rainforests, savannas, and swamp forests.
- Each individual ocelot has a unique pattern of spots and stripes.
- Ocelots are nocturnal and have excellent eyesight to hunt prey in the dark.
- Ocelots spend most of their time on the ground, but they are good swimmers and also climbers.
Fauna Forever for sharing the camera trap videos from the Peruvian Amazon, and to the San Miguelito Jaguar Conservation Ranch for additional footage.