Journey into the Peruvian Amazon rainforest to meet the ocelot, a wild cat found across the Americas!
- Scientific name: Leopardus pardalis
- Where they live: North, Central, and South America
- Habitat: rainforests, savannas, and swamp forests
- Diet: includes rodents, reptiles, birds, and sometimes fish
Did you know?
- The ocelot is Latin America’s third largest wild cat.
- Each individual ocelot has a unique pattern of spots and stripes.
- Ocelots are nocturnal – they have excellent eyesight to hunt prey in the dark.
- Ocelots spend most of their time on the ground, but they are good swimmers. They also climb trees.
Lee más aquí: https://es.mongabay.com/2020/03/candid-animal-cam-conozcamos-al-tigrillo-u-ocelote-episodio-1-video/
Fauna Forever for sharing the camera trap videos from the Peruvian Amazon, and to the San Miguelito Jaguar Conservation Ranch for additional footage.