Rainforests are awesome and essential for the health of humans and our planet. Why?
- rainforests support a tremendous diversity of plants and animals
- they help regulate the climate
- they are a valued home to many people around the world
- they provide us with resources like clean air and medicine
Finds lots of rainforest facts for kids from Mongabay:
And check out this article from Mongabay.com on the world’s great rainforests:
(suitable for parents, educators, advanced readers)
Official World Rainforest Day website
Visit to view and register for the events for adults and kids.
About World Rainforest Day:
- World Rainforest Day is celebrated annually on June 22.
- Founded by Rainforest Partnership, World Rainforest Day recognizes standing, healthy forests as one of the most powerful and cost-effective climate change mitigation tools we have— and creates a global movement to protect and restore them.
- The annual World Rainforest Day Summit is a community-powered event by rainforest guardians and environmental champions, offering education, entertainment, and community building to drive more holistic impact for critical ecosystems.