Watch this episode of Candid Animal Cam to learn about lions:
Learn 10 more animal names in Swahili
Swahili (also called Kiswahili) is an important language spoken in East Africa (in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, and additional countries). You may already be familiar with some Swahili words, such as simba for lion. Here are 10 more animal names in Swahili:
By Megan Strauss, courtesy of Wild Nature Institute
More facts & activities about lions!
- Lion fact sheet from Panthera
- Lions vs giraffes – a story about how lions prey on giraffes and how giraffes defend themselves
- Meet a nature photographer who studied and photographed lions
- Create your own savanna scene
- Complete a savanna word search
- Learn more about lions from the University of Minnesota Lion Center (for Grades 5+)
This episode of Candid Animal Cam originally appeared on Mongabay.com.