2. What percentage of life in the rain forest is found in the canopy?
3. What process occurs on the forest floor that breaks down dead plants and animals?
2. Lemurs are found in only one place. Where?
3. The Okapi has legs marked like what animal?
4. What are the two reasons jaguars are endangered?
5. The turaco is related to which other birds?
6. Which of the listed birds live in Australia?
7. About how big are Leaf Chameleons (also called Brookesia)?
8. Name one difference between moths and butterflies.
3. Do children from the rainforest go to school?
2. Rainforests donít help maintain the H2O cycle. True or False?
3. The process of washing away of soil is called?
2. What are three things we can do at home to reduce our impact on the environment?
Other resources for teachers:
The Mongabay Kids site (kids.mongabay.com) aims to help children learn about rainforests and the environment. This site is still under development and I am working to add additional content as time permits. If you have comments or are interested in submitting educational content for the site, please feel free to contact me.
The site is available in many different languages, including Portuguese, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese, and German.